About the Company
Columbia Distributing is one of the nation’s largest beverage distributors, offering a robust roster of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Our success is based on the fact that we never lose sight of delivering what’s really important—quality products, timely service, and a genuine concern for our customer’s needs. When you work for Columbia Distributing, you are part of a progressive, growing organization with a reputation for high quality products and service. We are hard-working, dedicated men and women who have set out to become the beverage distributor of choice in the United States. To reach this goal, we know we must continue to give our very best effort each and every day.
Reporting to the SVP of Business Development, the Director of Direct Sales has a wide variety of responsibilities that include building, implementing, and managing a sales call center. This position will partner with key functional groups across the company to develop and analyze performance metrics and maximize the productivity of resources, both people and technology.
- Build, implement, and maintain a newly designed call center, including people, process, and technology.
- Establish call center metrics to drive team’s performance.
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives, and company initiatives within the designated Direct Sales Accounts.
- Administer, educate and train employees to ensure the execution of company goals and priorities.
- Interact respectfully and maintain dialog with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers.
- Provide reporting to various company functions regarding sales and call center statistics.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge regarding the call center.
- Monitor competitive activity and communicate strategies.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Proven experience as call center manager or similar position, preferably in the IT industry.
- Experience in customer service.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve maximum potential.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics.
- Solid understanding of reporting and budgeting procedures.
- Experience in basic financial analysis (cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit etc.).
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability.
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, articulate with strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years previous call center experience
- Minimum of five (5) years previous leadership experience
- Technical/IT Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Technical/ IT Background preferably working with Telephony & CRM
- Certified Call Center Manager (e.g. CCCM) or equivalent qualification is a plus