About the Company
After more than 45 years in business, our roots run deep in the Pacific Northwest communities that we serve. Our success has been built on an unwavering dedication to a mission, core values, and standards of healthcare that put the people of those communities first.
Willamette Dental Group was originally established by Dr. Eugene Skourtes and Dr. Gerald Cogan in 1970, out of a single treatment office on Jefferson Street in Portland, Oregon. Early on, the partners began to foster a new approach to dental care that focused on preventive care and long-term oral health, instead of the traditional fee-for-service model. From this approach, the company became the Pacific Northwest’s first provider of coordinated dental care.
Today, we have become the largest multi-specialty group dental practice in the Pacific Northwest, with more than 50 office locations in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington. Willamette Dental Group is a family of companies that provides a combination of dental care services, dental insurance, and business management and administrative services in OR, WA and ID.
The Vice President of Finance will report to the CFO and provide leadership related to accounting, budgeting, financial planning, financial analysis, banking and regulatory oversight for Willamette Dental Group.
- Oversee accounting and financial planning and analysis, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Analyze company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets on a location, regional and company basis.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports and forecasts to guide decision-making.
- Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Assist senior management in financial planning and results management.
- Partner with other leadership team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate metrics, benchmarks, and reports for tracking.
- Assist operational management with capital expenditure planning and justifications.
- Manage a team of Accounting and Finance staff and convey clear performance expectations and delegate work in a way that empowers ownership.
- Primary point person regarding all tax reporting, IRS filings and all other regulatory accountabilities.
- Function as the primary contact between bankers regarding the company’s cash flow and provide day-to-day interaction/support with lending institutions.
Qualified Candidates will be:
- accomplished in finance and have broad financial knowledge, skills and perspective in order to anticipate consequences of decisions and financial trends accurately.
- experienced in working with top management and can comfortably craft approaches to determine the best way to get things accomplished in an appropriate and positive manner.
- skilled at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- a strong communicator who can cultivate and sustain relationships with Senior Management and all levels of the organization with the ability to communicate financial concepts to a broad audience.
- well versed in financial acumen and train others in understanding of key financial indicators to make sound business decisions.
- accomplished at creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the company achieve its objectives.
- skillful at anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and can act fairly despite conflicting demands of others.
- able to support and demonstrate the Company’s vision and mission for both patients and employees.
Education / Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is required. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience: 10 or more years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience. Experience working in a multi-state and multi-site environment strongly preferred.
Ready to Apply?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!