About the Company
For over 25 years LifePort, Inc. and Enflite have provided innovative, cutting edge interior solutions for both civil and military aircraft. We have built a world-wide reputation in the aerospace industry by designing, manufacturing, and certifying innovative equipment for all ranges of fixed and rotor wing aircraft - then supporting our customers throughout the product’s life cycle.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO is responsible for directing the financial functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in accordance with appropriate financial management techniques and practices. The CFO is responsible for the overall management of the accounting department and development of subordinate managers.
- Maintain the confidence of the corporation’s shareholders, lenders and board members through timely, accurate, and reliable financial reporting.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide high value insights and analysis that helps drive improved profitability.
- Lead and rigorously drive refinement of the company’s cost system to provide accurate cost data on a part level basis.
- Be able to present in a concise fashion the priorities for the finance organization and the overall company that will reduce risk and maximize enterprise value.
- Support all other functional areas with world class metrics that helps them achieve their objectives.
- Provide adequate controls to prevent malfeasance and restatement of financial results.
- Designing and creating robust projection models that provide accurate forecast of expected results.
- Accurate and timely reporting of lender compliance materials.
- Work effectively with CEO and senior management to drive improvements across the organization.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Lead the annual development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Lead the finance group in providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide financial solutions to the Board and organization to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Responsible for reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from a financial and terms/conditions perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance divisional structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Adhere to all workplace safety guidelines, policies, and laws determined by the Company, state, and federal authorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years in a manufacturing environment (aerospace preferred).
- Expert level cost accounting proficiency with heavy emphasis/prior experience with manufacturing costing systems.
- Expert level manufacturing FP&A skill set.
- Minimum of 10 years management experience.
- Ability to read and interpret customer specifications.
- Expert level knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and ability to research.
- Ability to read and approve customer contracts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet development, management and manipulation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork capabilities.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- MBA preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Ready to Apply?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!