About the Company
4G Clinical is a leader in randomization and trial supply management (RTSM) for the global life sciences industry, offering Prancer - the only fully cloud-based, 100% configurable and flexible solution utilizing natural language processing (NLP) and integrated supply forecasting solution.
At 4G Clinical, we believe the way to accelerate clinical research is by disrupting the way trials are executed. That’s why we have assembled a world-wide, world-class team of industry experts to revolutionize RTSM capabilities and services from the ground-up.
Headquartered in Wellesley, Massachusetts, we deliver modern, flexible and validated randomization and trial supply management capabilities and services to Pharma and CROs faster than anyone else in the world.
Our expert staff possesses a combination of humility, confidence, curiosity and commitment to getting things done. Most importantly, everyone at 4G Clinical is passionate about our mission of bringing crucial medicines to those who need them, faster.
RTSM is the backbone of clinical trials. Without RTSM, biopharmaceutical companies could not assign treatments to patients, dispense medication or supply clinical sites adequately.
RTSM provides four important services:
- Randomizes patients for the trial
- Secures the blind
- Controls the physical flow of drugs in the trial
- Instructs clinicians on the trial set up
If RTSM isn’t done correctly, patients’ lives are at risk and study results could be compromised.
The RTSM market has been stable over the past decade with 3300+ new RTSM eligible studies each year.
The RTSM market is currently $750m+ split between Phase 1, II and III trials with 10 main RTSM players and 4G Clinical disrupting the market.
4G Clinical was founded in October 2015 with its first live study commencing in February 2017 and ending the year with 4 customers. In 2018, 4G Clinical had 20+ customers, and in 2019, 4G Clinical will have worked with 40+ customers and over 100+ studies.
Driving this growth, the 4G Clinical team has grown from 61 dedicated professionals in 2018 to today where 4G Clinical has 120 professionals around the globe.
- One of the top 20 most promising pharma and life sciences technologies of 2017 by CIOReview.
- 4G Clinical named One of the Best 2018 Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Fortune.
- 4G Clinical CEO and CTO are finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year 2019 Award in the New England region.
The Role & Organization
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the executive team, the Chief Customer Officer leads the Client Services and Center of Excellence teams (approximately 45 team members and growing).
- The Client Services teams work closely with 4G Clinical customers in setting up each study in Prancer, configuring and testing the software against the protocol, and then managing the study over its life cycle through Prancer.
- The Center of Excellence team is responsible for training of the Client Services teams on the latest updates, features, and processes of 4G Clinical’s products.
Creates a common vision for the Delivery Team to strive towards and organizes the team to act upon and achieve its goals. Participates as a member of the Executive Team helping guide the organization’s growth.Scale the Delivery Organization:
Drive consistency in deliverables, and process amongst the Delivery Team, that ultimately creates a consistent experience for its clients and the company’s other team members. Scale the organization to get ahead of demand with the goal of maintaining quality and engagement of the team.Continuous Improvement:
Identifies opportunities for improvement through changes in process, adoption of new technologies, or initiating new ideas with a focus on improving quality and ease of deliver; and then manages the implementation through completion.Team Management and Development:
Develops an organizational roadmap that includes hiring, onboarding/training, and then developing team members professionally for future opportunities within 4G Clinical. Works with team members on developing problem-solving skills on critical issues that impact clients and their studies.
As the Chief Customer Officer, you will:
- Ensure that team members are responsible for the health of the client relationship working with clinical study teams to establish RTSM requirements and deliver robust RTSM delivery and oversight for study operations.
- Work with other members of the Executive and Senior Management teams on cross functional projects spanning sales, product development, and quality.
- Engage with clients in all phases of the client cycle ranging from pre-sales, delivery, account management and quality.
- Evaluates the needs of the team and ensures that proper training and the resources to deliver the training are aligned.
- Be accountable for building the metrics that make 4G Clinical best in class for speed and success of implementations and customer retention.
- Establish headcount planning models to support high growth.
- Build out and institutionalize best practices.
- Recruit team members and cultivate outstanding professional development.
- Ensure outstanding partnership between Development, Quality, Sales, and other internal teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required – MBA preferred.
- Strong understanding of the software implementation cycle.
- Leadership experience of a professional services organization.
- A growth mindset.
- Experience with clients in the Pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Leadership Competencies; Client focused, solutions focused, proactive, responsive, organized, highest quality deliverables.
- Will require significant travel during orientation period to establish relationships with a dispersed team, and some customers. Then travel would taper off and role would have control over it.
Ready to Apply?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!