About the Company
Act-On Software is the leader in Adaptive Marketing solutions that empower marketers to achieve the purposeful and personalized engagement that their business needs to thrive. Act-On makes customer data actionable, enabling marketers to strategize better business outcomes, drive more relevant multi-channel marketing, and generate higher customer lifetime value–all with the fastest time-to-value.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in downtown in Portland, Oregon, and with a team of 190 employees, Act-On partners with mid-market organizations and large enterprises with a focus on Financial Services, Technology, Manufacturing and Higher Education.
Act-On has received investment from multiple venture capital firms including Technology Crossover Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Trinity Ventures, US Venture Partners and Voyager Capital. In 2017, G2 ranked Act-On as the clear #2 leader in the marketing automation, and ranked #1 in CRM integration and for quality of support.
The CMO Role
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, data-driven, results-oriented marketing leader who has a passion for delighting our marketing customers by promoting and delivering winning solutions. This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in building a category-leading SaaS business in a multi-billion dollar industry, at a company that has already established industry leading results and has won numerous industry accolades. As the marketing leader, you will also be the number one customer for our product organization and will assist in areas such as product strategy and partnerships. Reporting to the COO, the CMO will lead the marketing organization that includes Demand Generation, Corporate Communication, Brand, Creative, Sales Enablement, and Product Marketing.
Continue to develop and execute upon the marketing strategy to increase demand and quarterly pipeline metrics to drive revenue from prospects and customers.
Develop and implement programs and strategies to deliver necessary tools, insights, competitive analysis and best practices to enable internal sales teams and external partners to achieve sales and retention targets.
Drive and improve overall awareness of the Act-On brand and ensure that perception comports with an overall company strategy of enabling marketers to achieve maximum ROI quickly and efficiently.
Work with Customer Success, Sales and Product organizations to ensure that customers obtain maximum value from their use of the Act-On platform and build advocacy and referral programs to highlight successful customers and partners.
Act as the fulcrum of sales, marketing and product management initiatives to ensure that the voice of the customer is prominently featured in product strategy and to drive go-to-market efforts for new product and service offerings.
Team Leadership & Management:
Creates a vision for the marketing team and aligns organization’s skill sets with the overall company and marketing strategy; establishes strong mentoring, coaching and career development programs for individual team members.
- Work in direct coordination with other members of the Executive Staff to refine company strategies and translate corporate vision into marketing strategy and actionable initiatives.
- Partner with Chief Revenue Officer and Executive Team to hit growth and retention goals.
- Coordinate with the SVP, Customer Success to drive customer engagement and advocacy.
- Strongly influence our Product efforts in partnership with our Chief Product Officer.
- Inspire, lead, develop and scale Brand, Creative, Demand Generation, Corporate Communication, and Product Marketing teams for global execution.
- Own the vision, strategy, budget and execution for all marketing initiatives.
- Consistently report metrics on the success of marketing efforts, drive fact-based discussions, and operate with agility to quickly modify strategies where appropriate.
- Continuously develop and evolve our brand to differentiate and elevate Act-On within the marketing automation industry.
- Work with the Director of Demand Generation to build and refine digital marketing strategies including SEO/SEM, Paid/PPC campaigns and automated programs.
- Ensure that go-to-market strategies are executed upon and are designed to achieve maximum results from releases of new offerings.
- Deploy appropriate technology and processes to expand the top of the funnel, efficiently deliver qualified leads, and ultimately accelerate customer adoption and develop and monitor key metrics that lead to sales generation and customer retention.
- Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, KPIs / metrics, and reporting.
- Manage external agencies and relationship with marketing services.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationship with industry thought-leaders and research analysts.
- Interview and visit with customers to help ensure that their success remains the top priority of Act-On.
- 10+ years of B2B marketing experience at a venture-backed or tech start-up.
- Leadership experience managing a team of direct reports. A hands-on collaborative style of working is a must.
- Exceptional track record developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Strong operational, project management and public-speaking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to use data and metrics (such as attribution) to make decisions.
- Comfortable analyzing data from sources like CRM and other sales/martech tools to drive marketing strategy.
- Understanding of digital marketing efforts such as SEO, SEM, PPC/Paid, social.
- Excellent collaborator; ability to effectively build relationships and partner with cross-functional local and remote partners.
- Ability to recruit and lead inter-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
Interested in Learning More?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!