About the Company
Viper Northwest, Inc. is a precision, quick response, build-to-print manufacturing organization, making precision fabricated and machined parts and assemblies for satisfied customers since 1985.
Viper Northwest has a tenured staff of highly skilled manufacturing and technical professionals who manufacture capital equipment and OEM components for a variety of high-tech industries. We are focused on customer needs and expectations by meeting or exceeding the quality standards set by industry. We strive for perfection through a continually improving total quality system that will consistently out-shine our competition. We inspire the confidence and trust of our customers, partners, suppliers, and regulatory bodies. We strive for excellence in everything we do.
About the Position
The VP of Sales and Marketing is a key member of the company leadership team. They are responsible for creating sales and marketing plans and strategies the will support company long and short-term goals and objectives. They are responsible for building, overseeing individual goals and for managing performance of team members. They will lead the sales team to achieve defined goals around new account growth, account management/growth, marketing/brand and customer satisfaction.
The successful VP of Sales and Marketing will:
- Create and implement strategic sales and marketing plans in order to successfully achieve the overall business objectives.
- Lead the Sales and Marketing employees by setting performance goals/expectations, monitoring achievement of goals and mentoring and developing team members to maximize their performance. Hire, train, mentor, and coach sales team members.
- Manage any outsource sales and marketing resources to achieve defined goals.
- Develop department goals that are in line with company Vision and Objectives to achieve short and long-term targets. Monitor and measure progress of goals to completion and make necessary adjustments to ensure goals are met.
- Oversee implementation of robust tools (CRM), process and methodology for driving new sales, account growth and customer satisfaction/relationships.
- Obtain feedback from direct reports regarding resource needs and develop prioritization and fulfillment plans to meet needs based on overall company resources and objectives.
- Develop short and long term sales forecast and lead team in order to achieve consistent revenue growth.
- Work closely with other departments within the company to drive positive results in every area of the business.
- Manage relationship with major Key Accounts in order to build strong customer relationship and ensure achievement of account goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing/production environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Windows environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Previous experience in building and managing high performing sales organizations selling complex solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in the successful implementation and use of CRM tools and sales operations.
- Previous experience in senior sales role creating and executing sales and marketing plans and strategies across multiple industries for complex custom solutions.
- Successful track record of experience managing Key Accounts, account planning, and maintain strong customer relationships at multiple levels within the customer organization.
- Experience in creating and executing marketing plans in order to create a strong brand presence with our target customers that lead to new customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy and results at every level of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect and compare data, identify contract discounts and schedule timely payments. Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Experience in participating as member of company leadership team and participate in the development of company mission, vision, strategies and goals.
- Experience implementing best practice for sales and key account management.
- Builds & Leads Effective Teams: Strategically identifies talent based on business needs and objectives; hires the best people from inside and outside. Sets clear, meaningful, challenging, and attainable group and individual goals and sets expectations that are aligned with those of the organization.
- Inspires Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; clearly articulates value and line of sight between individual, team and overall business objectives.
- Culture Leadership: Not only demonstrates key actions associated with the company’s values but inspires others to do so as well through modeling, communication and holding others equally accountable to these standards.
Ready to Apply?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!