About the Company
Based in Albany, Oregon, OFD Foods (OFD) is one of the largest and most technically sophisticated freeze-dryers in the country, freeze-drying a wide variety of foods and other products for numerous end markets, in its facilities in Albany, Oregon. The Company’s Mission is to enhance people’ s lives by using their technology to make adventures, health and nutrition better.
OFD primarily freeze-dries fully cooked entrees and high-value food, supplements and pharmaceutical ingredients. Much of the Company’s work is B2B or contract based, for large health and nutrition, food and ingredients companies, and for the US Military. However, the Company also has a growing consumer brand, Mountain House, which is freeze-dried entrees for the camping and personal food storage markets. These branded packaged meals are formulated, processed and packaged in the Company’s own facilities.
OFD’s growth will be driven by (a) its brand - Mountain House (B2C), (b) high-value health and nutrition products (probiotics, other live cultures, etc.) (B2B), and (c) other ingredients and contract freeze-drying services for commercial customers (B2B).
OFD is majority owned by Endeavour Capital, a Portland, Oregon based private investment firm, with offices in Portland, Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA and Denver, CO. Endeavour has a 29-year track record of partnering with great Western-U.S. based companies and supporting their growth and evolution over a 5- 10 year timeframe. Endeavour does not believe in using high leverage in order to allow a company and its management substantial room for re-investment for growth. The core of Endeavour’s philosophy is stewardship - it believes in leaving companies in even better condition than when it arrived.
You can learn more about OFD at the following websites:
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer will lead financial decisions as a key member of the executive leadership team. The CFO will proactively engage in all areas of the Company, to bring data and insights, and importantly serve as a key business partner to the CEO and other Senior Leadership. He/she will play an integral role in developing the financial aspects of the Company’s strategic plan and measuring and reporting the results of the plan. The CFO will maintain oversight of financial controls to preserve Company assets and to report accurate and timely financial results to management, the Board and outside lenders. Critical outcomes include supporting the executive team with key financial information and operational analytics, and driving a culture of accountability and urgency in managing the business, to drive shareholder value creation.
- Define the financial vision and strategy; provide leadership and execution around analysis, reporting and controls.
- Bring to the organization a high sense of urgency and accountability, and drive change for continuous improvement.
- Drive the annual budgeting process, including cash flows and ROI analyses.
- Deliver financial models and analyses to support business decision-making and track progress.
- Serve as a business partner across functional areas (namely Operations, Supply Chain, IT, Sales and Marketing, and HR) to inform key decisions.
- Develop highly accurate cost accounting to provide meaningful product and customer margin analysis.
- Maintain internal control processes required to manage and grow the business.
- Serve as an effective, empowered voice on the leadership team to bring facts and thoughtful analysis to senior-level strategic decisions.
- Engage with OFD’s customers, to offer more value, while preserving and enhancing margins.
- Provide leadership and the development of the Accounting, Finance, and Information Systems teams.
- Drive system optimization within OFD’s MRP.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with the Board on financial results and other matters.
- Effectively manage OFD’s banking relationships.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in manufacturing and cost accounting.
- Deep analytical skills with an ability to look at data from different angles to supply solutions and metrics.
- Organizational agility: the ability to switch gears quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and stay on track to meet end results.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Proven effectiveness in leading and developing a team.
- Experience in leveraged environments and managing lender relationships preferred.
- Ability to deliver Board-level financial presentations that accurately summarize financial results, and risks and opportunities, for the Board and lenders.
- Experience managing IT personnel is preferred.
- Experience in food manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience with both private label / contract manufacturing and also with brands a plus.
- Experience in a private equity-backed companies a plus.
Ready to Apply?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!