Since 1970, Hydra-Power Systems (HPS) has specialized in the distribution of high quality hydraulic and pneumatic components and the design and manufacturing of Hydraulic Manifolds, Power Units and Custom Hydraulic Equipment. HPS provides products and services to customers in all industries including, but not limited to, industrial, marine, mining, agriculture, construction and forest products. With over 100 employees, HPS is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and has a regional office in Birmingham, Alabama.
As a key member of the Management team, the Director of Finance will report to the CFO and is responsible for the general accounting and finance, supply chain and facilities operations of the company. These operations include managing the revenue systems, general ledger activities, financial statement preparation and consolidation, business intelligence, and financial reporting and analysis. Responsibilities also include managing the Purchasing and Inventory Control team as well as Facilities and Safety.
- Provides leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance, Accounting, and Supply Chain functions of the organization.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Manage and maintain business intelligence reporting for the organization.
- Actively manages career development of direct reports.
- BS in Accounting and CPA.
- 10+ years of general accounting experience with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
READY TO APPLY?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!