About the Company
Warn Automotive’s mission is to deliver safety, freedom, and adventure by innovating and collaboratively building the world’s most efficient 4WD and AWD systems. Our customers range from startup electric OEM’s to the world’s largest automotive OEM’s. Products include basic mechanical and sophisticated electronic solutions, all integral parts in sought after platforms. Warn Automotive, is headquartered and manufactures products in Portland, OR with a presence in Detroit, MI through our Tech Center. New technology and vehicle platform wins are growing and driving significant investment in the business. It is a very exciting time at Warn Automotive and our dedicated team of employees are passionate about succeeding. We are looking for the right experienced executive to be part of our transformation, drive successful change across operations, and lead our team in a way that encourages the highest performance.
Dover’s Vehicle Service Group (VSG) is the global leader in vehicle service equipment. It is one of the founding companies of Dover Corporation, an eight billion dollar diversified global manufacturer. VSG consists of fifteen leading vehicle lifting (Rotary, Forward, Blitz, Ravaglioli etc.), collision repair (Chief), wheel services, diagnostics (Butler, Rotary, Chief and Ravaglioli) and tier-one automotive brands (Warn Automotive) with operations worldwide, including regional business operation centers and large manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
About the Position
The Director of Supply Chain and Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies including: purchasing, contracts, ensuring reliable and effective sources of supply and cost reduction. This role supervises and supports Sales & Operations Planning and Scheduling, Purchasing (inventory and MRO), Inventory Management, Warehousing, Shipping and Logistics.
- Collaborate with and engage team members to ensure flawless execution of new technology and new automotive programs. Ensure strategic supply base is engaged and acting as part of the team.
- Review and develop strategic supply base in collaboration with quality, engineering functions, and Dover Asia Pacific Office. Drive customer requirements and automotive standards to all suppliers with a focus on clarity and understanding. Including negotiation, review, and management of contracts for all procured goods, services, and capital equipment globally.
- Conduct supplier visits as needed to ensure positive/constructive relationships, and to monitor/manage all ongoing projects – new products, cost improvement, quality improvement, inventory reduction, terms negotiations, etc.
- Develop plans and lead critical supplier negotiations to ensure competitive pricing and terms aligned to strategic goals, automotive requirements and customer expectations. Including assignment of resources (Dover Sourcing, VSG, APO, 3rd party, and WA Team) and clear guidance to ensure comprehensive negotiation targets are met across entire supply base.
- Participate in and support Quality Operating System activities including review of key supplier metrics as they relate to customer warranty, and operational quality. Drive continued improvement across supply base and ensure zero disruption in production and customer delivery.
- Direct team of planning, purchasing, and shipping/ receiving personnel to stated strategy, goals, and objectives set forth by the organization. Ensure team is engaged and collaborating across all responsibilities. Including production planning, inventory control, purchasing, receiving, warehousing and product shipping.
- Participates in and coaches team members and partners to support a culture of Continuous Improvement and growth. Including efforts to reduce costs, grow margins, improve cash flow, and increase turns.
- Support facilities manager and operations team in running a safe and efficient operation. Including assessment of material flow, make versus buy analysis, quality and safety audits.
- Develop strategic direction, objectives, tactics, and supporting budgets, justification, and resource plans to ensure corporate growth and financial objectives are met. Includes collaboration with Warn Automotive leadership team, VSG Leadership team, and Dover Corporate functions.
- Take the lead in planning and forecast meetings (SIOP) to ensure uninterrupted delivery to customers, minimal downtime, and sufficient notification of supply base and operational teams.
- Develop and maintain a Plan for Every Part (PFEP) to ensure optimal inventory levels and warehousing strategies.
- Develop strategies, policies, and procedures to develop a high functioning Material group and achieve world class level performance.
- Maintain active presence in development and implementation of ERP system upgrades and transitions.
- Maintain strict controls of material accuracy through cycle count and adherence to transactional practices.
- Perform or direct regular and ongoing assessment of supply base for optimal performance, value, and sustainability. Including developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
- Ensure clear career paths, training, and development are provided. Perform reviews, disciplinary, and recruiting activities in a transparent and ethical manor. Set annual goals and provide feedback to motivate and inspire team members to grow personally and greatly contribute to the company’s goals and growth objectives.
- Performs other various duties as may be assigned.
Manages subordinates in Warn Automotive Supply chain and Distribution, including Temporary Staff. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, development, and evaluation of team.
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions of this position, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers and employees, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site and after-hours. This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand. Ability to travel as required, up to 30% including international and domestic trips.
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, related field, or equivalent years of transferable experience. Masters level degree or MBA preferred.
- Eight years of successful experience in all phases of purchasing / materials management within a manufacturing environment required.
- Advanced degree in related field, or advanced certification in supply chain (CPM, CPIM, CFPIM etc.) is preferred.
- Prior management experience in a supply chain or related field.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills commensurate with the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers while providing exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Ability to present information in a manner designed to educate or inform other team members and customers in one-on-one or group interactions as directed.
- Strong leadership acumen and history of developing high performance teams. Familiar with global purchasing practices and documents, i.e. contracts, leases, payment techniques.
- Ability to create, review, comprehend, interpret, process and evaluate effectively documents written at the highest levels in English, in conjunction with the performance of the essential functions and other assigned job duties. Must have mathematical skills equivalent to those required under education and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills including ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, rational and respectful demeanor and communication style in times of stress occasioned by work demands, tight timelines, heavy production expectations, unexpected quality control issues, and other work-related issues or concerns that may cause a heightened level of anxiety, frustration, anger, disappointment, confusion, etc.
- Enthusiastic adoption and consistent demonstration of Warn Automotives’ Core Values: Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit, Winning Through Customer Focused Innovation, Respects & Values People, Expectations for Results, High Ethical Standards, Openness and Trust.
- Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines. Strong project management skills.
- Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, work flow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits. Promotes these same attributes in subordinates, business partners and vendors.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed up to 30%. Foreign language skills are a plus. Knowledge and experience working with ERP business systems software is required.
Interested in Learning More?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!