About the Company:
Ever want to ride a rocket ship? Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy Corporation is a leading producer of a utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind. Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; ease of deployment; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. After four years of demonstrating to customer the benefits of Powin’s technology – Powin is now entering a stage of rapid growth with a forecasted 2021 revenue of nearly $500MM.
About the Role:
As Powin’s reputation in the battery energy storage industry continues to grow, the company is forecasted to experience explosive growth. Based on this growth, Powin is looking for an experienced VP of Global Services to join them in standing up a world class Global Services organization.
Reporting directly to the President of Powin, this role will lead strategy creation and execution of a Global Services organization dedicated to ensuring customer success across the life of commissioned projects through Long Term Service Agreements. Come build a scalable services organization that drives positive financial return through all OMS (operations, maintenance, service) functions; to include service program management, remote monitoring, and field service activities across a strong and growing international footprint.
- Lead the strategic planning activities around the development and management of a global services organization. This includes:
- Developing and defining the service commercial offering that will allow Powin to best serve their energy storage customers profitably. Including consideration of full project maintenance, remote monitoring, dispatch operations, spare part maintenance, performance guarantees, response time guarantees, and shared savings programs.
- Building the commercial, marketing and contractual collateral for the sales and legal teams to execute on.
- Selecting the strategy for performing the services (direct hires, third-party ASP.
- Recommending pricing targets and go to market strategy.
- Full responsibility for division profit and loss, project and team performance targets, and managing customer expectations to the highest levels.
- Develop innovative ways to meet rapidly scaling service team while also maintaining quality. This includes internal v external resource considerations, scaling of maintenance systems, and extensive contractor training.
- Prioritize customer up time and system performance, and develop proactive strategies for minimizing down time or other service disruptions.
- Champion and implement process/cost improvement projects to increase services commercial position.
- Recruit, train and motivate experienced professionals with a background in and passion for maintenance and operations of energy projects.
- Foster and maintain executive level customer relationships with a focus on satisfaction levels, escalation management, long term planning, and competitive feedback.
Work across Powin to:
- Train and educate the sales/marketing team on the strategy for services business sales.
- Inform product and engineering team on in field performance and high failure components.
- Set up effective and efficient ERP integrations with the finance teams.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) in engineering, manufacturing or other technical field, or equivalent level experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with development, construction, operations and/or maintenance energy project.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible related leadership experience in a high growth manufacturing/technology organization, to include time leading direct services organizations.
- Strong experience managing and negotiating contracts.
- Strong system/process orientation.
- Entrepreneurial orientation.
- Experience growing a Global Services organization.
- Team player who is comfortable with change and embraces forward movement.
- Strong initiator, but also collaborative, with a desire to understand the business as a whole.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ready to Apply?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!