About the Company:
Firestone Pacific Foods (FPF) is a top-tier, efficient processor of frozen fruit that has earned a strong reputation in the market for quality and food safety. FPF has sales relationships with leading US and international food retailers and US food service companies. The company is well positioned to achieve high double-digit annual growth in the highest growth frozen fruit category sub-segments including organic, private label and blended berry products.
Agriculture Capital Fund II, an impact investment fund, acquired FPF in the fall of 2019 as part of its strategy to build out a low cost, vertically integrated supply chain of high quality, organic blueberries operating at scale to address growing global demand for this nutritious fruit. Together, FPF and Agriculture Capital seek to provide customers with product traceability back to the farm and a vehicle for creating and capturing value from Agriculture Capital’s regenerative agronomic practices.
The Firestone Family began farming in the Vancouver, WA, in 1896. We are a fully integrated grower processing operation for domestic and export fruit customers. Our fruit is harvested at the peak of ripeness, processed in our state-of-the art facility, and packed for shipment, ensuring quality in every product from the farm where it was grown to the finished bag in the consumer’s freezer.
About the Role:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for managing FPP’s finance, accounting, and information technology functions. The CFO, working in partnership with the CEO, leadership team and Board of Directors will be a key architect and driver of the company’s next phase of growth.
The CFO will be responsible for developing long-range financial plans, implementing financial policies and procedures, developing and overseeing financial reporting, as well as managing various controllership activities including accounting, treasury, tax, payroll and audit work.
- Manage the company’s financial planning and analysis, accounting, payroll, tax and treasury activities.
- Develop short-term and long-term financial and operational plans to support the company’s strategic goals.
- In collaboration with CEO and leadership, develop and refine the company’s strategic plan.
- Analysis of operation results and performance against budget.
- Perform risk and cash management.
- Develop financial models to analyze cost-benefit of major capital investments, business process improvements and risk mitigation strategies.
- Coach staff in the creation of rigorous and defensible CAPEX and operating investment requests.
- Report the company’s financial results to the Board of Directors.
- Attract, coach and retain talented individuals for the Accounting, Finance and IT functions.
- Handle tax planning, compliance and payment on behalf of all the company’s business entities.
- Asset management.
- Ensure compliance with various jurisdictions and company policies.
- Manager external auditor relationships.
- Provide thought leadership and support on cross functional initiatives.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A humble, hands on, and forthright leader with a strong track record of building accounting, IT, and finance functions preferably for $100+ million manufacturing high growth business as a CFO or senior controller.
- Reputation for high integrity and candor as well as strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, executive presence, and bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally and with the Board of Directors.
- Proven ability to drive strategic initiatives including post-acquisition integrations, ERP upgrades/ implementations, etc.
- Experience developing, improving standard cost systems.
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or experience in a quantitative discipline; MBA preferred.
Ready to Apply?
180one is a retained search firm and has been engaged by Firestone Pacific Foods to manage this search. If interested in learning more about the opportunity, please contact Rochelle Fleischer at 180one.
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!