About the Organization
Galt Foundation accomplishes our mission through professional staffing service contracts, primarily with public agencies. Our objective is to work toward a diverse and inclusive employment community that leads to self-sufficiency and decreases reliance on tax supported programs and services.
About the Position
Reporting to the most senior leader in the organization, Galt Foundation’s Head of Operations is responsible for maintaining an organizational experience that authentically reflects the mission, vision, and values of Galt. This role will direct the internally focused operational priorities and teams including, but not limited to, Finance, Information Technology and Human Resources for the Administrative teams, to better enable the organization to reach its strategic imperatives and growth expectations. This position will be a strategic part of Galt Foundations’ Leadership Team.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level HR staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Duties / Responsbilities
- Guide, direct and manage the Finance, Information Technology, and Internal Human Resource teams.
- Synthesize these functions into a department that is skilled and responsive.
- Modernize and standardize organizational process, metrics, and data; proper use of KPI’s to drive business results.
- Assess and monitor employee workload, administrative and support systems, and internal reporting relationships and staffing levels to support growth.
- Provide timely financial analysis on results of the organization to improve decision making.
- Liaison with outsourced services organization, managing contractual and service level agreements.
- Ensure financial future of GALT Foundation through leading financial decision making around cash flow, A/R, Reserves, debt management, and forward-thinking Capital/Growth plans and investments.
- Leadership of IT function, to include new system implementations, system utilization and team member experience, data integrity projects, and other/future technology needs.
- Leadership of project management function to ensure project success and direct support of broader field organizational technology needs.
- Develops and manage internal Human Resources team and function.
- Ensure right people in the right roles, support organizational employee engagement, culture, and team member development to best support field organization and company growth goals.
- Establish and enhance the relationship with third party business process outsource partner.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and direct the implementation of efficient changes.
- Activate ways of working that support the organization’s core purpose.
- Create a shared vision, inspire collaboration, and a transparent and frictionless experience that sustains organizational and individual growth.
- Develop and execute change management and communications strategies, programs and tactics to support organizational transformation.
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs. Work with legal counsel as necessary to support decisions and strategies.
- Forge an emotional connection between Galt employees and the Galt brand.
- Support employee engagement strategy to enhance the employee experience and increase overall engagement.
- Develop and maintain rewards, recognition and personal development programs that acknowledge outstanding performance and personal growth.
- Improve programs, processes, communication and/or training to yield greater effectiveness and results.
- Drive deliberate, disciplined design and delivery of experiences to employees and customers through organizational alignment and systems.
- Champion customers’ and employees’ perspectives in the Galt’s strategic decision-making.
- Measure the impact of customer experience on employees, the impact of employee experience on customers, and the impact of both on KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration or equivalent experience working in a related field.
- Preferred minimum of seven years’ experience in business operations with demonstrated ability in leading and successfully delivering complex projects.
- Strong business acumen, understanding of financial metrics and operational KPIs.
- Experience training, developing, and managing a team.
- Ability to apply a customer centered approach to crafting employee and customer experiences with all aspects of the organization.
- Ability to listen, be compassionate, take action and follow through.
- Advanced ability to analyze and interpret data to gain insights and solutions.
- Superior organizational skills and strategic planning.
- Proven track record of harmonizing business operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Work in an office environment and travel to other offices and states as needed.
Interested in Learning More?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!