About the Company
Seguin and Moreau cooperages were established in Cognac in 1870 and 1838 respectively. In 1958 Remy Martin acquired a majority stake in Moreau cooperage, which then increased its production capacity by incorporating the Seguin workshop. In the early 1970s, Remy Martin moved the cooperage out of the town center, while it continued to serve Cognac and Bordeaux wineries. Seguin Moreau is still headquartered in Merpins in France, with another Burgundian cooperage site in Chagny. The company encompasses in total three production workshops, two seasoning yards and two integrated stave mills. We are part of the winemaking division of the Oeneo Group.
Seguin Moreau Napa Cooperage continues to build on nearly two centuries of tradition and more than four decades of pioneering oenological research, consistently delivering top-quality oak barrels. Our Napa, California facility adjoins Highway 12 and Highway 29, where we work with North America’s greatest wineries, distilleries and breweries, providing a complete range of barrels, foudres and oak alternatives.
About the Position
Reporting to the General Manager, the Finance Director will insure accurate and timely financial reporting both internally and to Seguin Moreau Corporate and Oeneo France financial teams. The purpose is also to provide management with the analysis of financial data that is necessary to operate the business. Accounting services are also performed for other companies inside the Oeneo group for DIAM Closures and Vivelys. Supervises 3 to 4 accounting staff. Performs duties as the Secretary of the Corporation.
This position is responsible for accurate and timely reporting of financial information including internal financial statements, external reporting packages to the parent company and statutory (tax / legal) reporting. The position is responsible for the supervision of the accounting staff and for documenting and verifying board of directors minutes, meetings, and resolutions. Controlling Analysis : costing, pricing and commercial costs and Turnover.
On a monthly basis:
- Financial Statements using NAV (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) ERP software.
- Reconcile Sales Reports to the G/L and report in BFC software.
- BFC (France) Financial Statement Reporting (Napa, Perryville, FNO and AR).
- P/L Forecast.
- Monthly Comments to Financial Statements.
- Coordinate Inventory Operations.
- Prepare and Post or Review Adjusting Journal Entries.
- Reconciliation or Review of General Ledger Accounts.
- Supervision of accounting staff.
- Setup online Wire Payments for Approval by General Manager.
- Review and Approve GL coding of A/P invoices.
- Review and Approve A/P Checks.
- Support General Manager with projects as needed.
- Support SMFR and Oeneo Accounting group with requests as needed.
- Maintains banking relationships (ongoing).
- Cost Accounting – calculate product costing for each division.
- Fixed Asset and Accumulated Depreciation schedules by division.
- Review / Reconcile Sales Portfolio Reports Napa and Perryville.
- Annual Financial Statement Budget (annually).
- Annual / Mid Year Financial Statement Audit.
- Magnitude F/S Reporting for Oeneo Consolidation (semi annually).
- Reconcile and report Intercompany balances and activity in BFC (semi annually).
- Deferred Income Tax calculations for annual Audit.
- Income Tax schedules / information to Tax CPA.
- Manage Line of Credit, annual renewal and audit.
- Manage foreign exchange risk, Euro hedge contracts.
- General Liability Insurance – manage policy renewals, provides information to insurance companies.
- Review and management with HR Manager of Health Plan Renewals, costs.
- Administration of the company 401k plan (ongoing).
- Documenting and Verifying Board of Directors Resolutions (ongoing).
- Travel to other SMNC sites such as Perryville MO and Malvern AR each year.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred 10+ years relevant experience for a mid-size company is required.
- 2 - 3 years accounting experience in the Manufacturing, Wine or Spirits industry preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must.
- Strong team leader and organizational skills with the added ability to take initiative, and work with deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate, detail and multi-task oriented.
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate manner within established time constraints.
Interested in Learning More?
180one is a retained search firm and has been engaged by Seguin Moreau Napa Cooperage to manage this search. If interested in learning more about the opportunity, please contact Lisa Heffernan at 180one.
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!