About the Company
Blount International, Inc. is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for the forestry, lawn, and garden; farm, ranch, and agriculture; and concrete cutting and finishing markets. Blount sells its products in more than 110 countries around the world.
As a leader in innovation and quality, Blount produces saw chains, bars and sprockets that are well respected in the chain saw and forestry industries and outdoor equipment accessories and parts for the garden and landscape industry. In fact, Blount is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws.
As a diversified company, Blount also manufactures concrete chain saws and diamond chain, which have revolutionized concrete cutting in the construction industry. As the world leader in Diamond Chain Technology™, these products are offered under the ICS® brand, known worldwide for its industry-leading innovations. ICS pioneered Diamond Chain Technology™ so that professionals and homeowners have tools that will cut through the toughest stuff ever made. Our concrete-cutting diamond chains are designed and manufactured in Portland, Oregon. All ICS chains can be used with our best-in-class guide bars and powerheads to give you a cutting system that can plunge cut up to 25 inches deep with clean corners and no overcuts.
Due to internal promotion we are excited to search for the next President of the Concrete, Cutting and Finishing unit of Blount International. This is a premium product category with significant strategic position and contributions to overall organizational success.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the CEO, the President of Concrete Cutting and Finishing (CCF) Division will be located at the company headquarters in Portland Oregon and have full P&L accountability for a global high value diamond tools and equipment business. The divisional resources reporting direct and dotted line to the President include: sales, marketing, channel marketing & trade support, ecommerce/omni channel, customer service, human resources, operations and finance. She/He will lead a business team focused on strategy, growth, and end-user centric innovation to scale the business and extend into adjacent value chain opportunities.
- Provide leadership to the organization consistent with our values to drive results and realize the company vision.
- Formulate and execute the strategic and operating plans to fuel growth and continued EBITDA performance.
- Provide commercial leadership supporting the division goals and impacting customers, industry and suppliers managing price, mix and volume to optimize market performance.
- Engage and motivate high performance team to deliver continued growth and financial performance.
- Manage business performance, sales tracking, operations throughput, financial statements, balance sheet reviews and drive overall performance management.
- Actively monitor and have forward perspective for macro industry trends, competitor landscape and channel evolution to inform winning strategy.
- Support M&A due diligence and the process to grow inorganically through the addition of market basket adjacent business.
- Manage global operations with market specific value delivery to ensure geographic and channel expansion.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience
- Global commercial experience, including demonstrated track record of top line growth
- Knowledge of the commercial construction industry
- M&A experience
- Track record of leading high performing teams with high EE and ME
- Excellent communications skills
- Financial acumen and full P&L experience
Key Selection Criteria
- The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of progressively responsible and successful commercial leadership experience, preferably in the construction or outdoor products industry.
- A demonstrated track record of top line growth.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams; strong interpersonal and judgment skills will be required to influence both internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated ability for team building and leading high-performance teams. The successful candidate also will have shown the ability to realign resources in order to best capitalize on strategy and market opportunities.
- Prospective candidates will have an appropriate undergraduate degree from a respected university; advanced technical degrees or an M.B.A. preferred.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Strategic Product Development Leadership: This executive will possess strong business and strategic leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to leverage functional expertise and personal credibility to promote the company and its products with the consumer.
- Effective Team Building and Management: An effective team builder, member, innovator and listener who has the ability to relate to and influence key internal and external contacts and decision makers; a demonstrated ability to gain and leverage the respect and trust of superiors, peers, subordinates and customers.
- Collaboration: Proven capability to operate collaboratively across several functional elements in delivering successful, innovative new products from concept to commercialization; a track record of developing a dynamic, results-based organization through recruiting, training and developing top talent.
- The ideal candidate is self-directed, intellectually curious and highly motivated yet balanced executive who is team oriented, seasoned, proactive, and will be a key contributor on the senior leadership team. He/she will have a strong sense of urgency and a bias for action in making sound decisions based on a combination of analysis, experience, judgment, and personal/business maturity.
Interested in Learning More?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!