About the Company
Mission: “To supply quality products on time to new home builders”
Established in 1991, Western Pacific has grown to be the leading supplier of quality millwork, doors, and windows for professional home builders in the Western United States.
With a team of more than 350 employees spread across the Western United States we continue to innovate and grow so that we can provide the best products and service to our customers.
About the Position
The IT leader is responsible for providing leadership and management of the information technology function and for short-, mid- and long-term strategic planning, implementation and maintenance of technology and processes that support Western Pacific business objectives. This position will plan, coordinate, direct, and lead the design of IT related activities of Western Pacific, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily activities of the department. Supports activities focused on ensuring system integrity and strategic business alignment.
Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of Western Pacific businesses. Will define and implement IT related policies procedures and best practices. Applies technology or business approaches in new ways and develops and recommends new alternatives.
Protects Western Pacific resources by strict adherence to security processes and policies. Enforces policies and consistently improves/updates the recovery plan. Establish standard procedures by which each location operates. Develops and administers training programs that can be administered both on-site and remotely.
- Closely monitor and manage performance of deployed servers. Maintain and manage performance of all applications deployed across company hardware to include maximizing up-time, maintenance of the physical environment, and be the lead on upgrades, fixes, or needed changes.
- Develop and execute short-, mid- and long-term strategic technology and system plans that translate business requirements into projects, goals, objectives and deliverables with the business partners and end user experience in mind.
- Establish effective partnerships with business leadership across Western Pacific to ensure that technology solutions are effective and in alignment with functional and organizational needs.
- Participate, as a member of the business leadership team, in strategic planning activities by providing systemic and technologic solutions where business opportunities or challenges are identified.
- Evaluate effectiveness, efficiency, and costs of existing technology and systems, research new or alternative solutions, and make recommendations to senior management as appropriate.
- Maintain working knowledge of new and evolving technologies and systems for possible application to developing or future organization needs.
- Develop, implement, and monitor information technology system policies and controls to ensure data security across a wide variety of frequently changing platforms, hardware, and user needs.
- Responsible for recommending and implementing disaster recovery practices as appropriate.
- Lead, train, develop and coach a high-performance information technology staff; identifying appropriate staffing needs, skill sets, or alternative outsourcing.
- Prioritize, assign, and manage a portfolio of technology projects in support of business goals; ensure delivery of projects within time and cost limitations.
- Document all hosts, VM’s, and other infrastructure items, maintain documentation as changes occur.
- Monitor and setup alerting for all systems and services for the purpose of event mitigation and prediction.
- Install and maintain physical infrastructure in all datacenter locations to include power, servers, and storage.
- Seven or more years of progressively increasing responsibility and experience in a corporate Information Technology function with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in relevant technical field, or equivalent analytical and strategic management capabilities acquired through on-the-job experience and training.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities to meet customer technology needs.
- Build and manage IT teams.
- Ability to analyze business needs and recommend and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to develop and collect key performance indicators to measure performance.
- Experience man aging a wide variety and scope of information technology projects that successfully achieve time, cost and operational expectations.
- Experienced with, and capable of supporting Linux based systems, Windows based systems, ERP systems, and virtualization platforms.
- Experience deploying and utilizing standard monitoring and alerting tools for IT systems.
Interested in Learning More?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!