About the Company
“Our business is earning your trust” – Les Schwab, Founder
Founded in 1952 by Les Schwab, this organization has grown into among the largest independent tire retailers in the US with operations in 10 states, 500 locations and over 7,000 employees. We continue to grow and innovate in both products and services, and Les Schwab Tires offers a unique opportunity to help us bring more value to our customers and create growth for the company through the addition of this new Director of Pricing to our corporate team.
About the Position
As our Director of Pricing, you will be responsible for all pricing strategies and actions for our retail products and services. You will be accountable for the creation and management of our retail price structure across all products and services. The Director of Pricing will work closely with Product Strategy, Purchasing, and Marketing to ensure stores have competitive retail prices while achieving optimized profits for the company.
The Director of Pricing will have the responsibility to manage the Pricing Team. This role will direct the implementation of the Les Schwab pricing structure from SKU Management to integration of internal costing and retail positioning. The role will be personally responsible for retail price alignment with the market to ensure competitiveness and financial goals are achieved.
As a key member of the Pricing & Promotions Governance (PPG) group this role will be responsible for creating and delivering proposals and programs directly to the executive team.
You will also have an opportunity to partner with Marketing to assemble meaningful product promotions across all segments with a focus on the balance between unit sales, profitability, and inventory levels to ensure promotion success.
The Director of Pricing reports directly to the VP of Product Strategy and is based out of our headquarters in Bend, OR.
Primary Responsibilities / Functions
- Manage Strategic Retail Price Positions & Execute Price Strategy
- Executive Price Strategy Reporting, Proposals and Governance
- Analyze Pricing and Sales Trends to Strengthen Price and Promotion Strategy
- Manage the Operational Pricing Department
- Other Projects as Defined by VP and EVP Groups
- Develop and manage pricing structure across all product types & segments.
- Manage the strategic retail price positions utilizing analytical tools to ensure growth and market competitiveness.
- Responsible for retail market price monitoring and trending.
- Create and manage pricing exceptions policy.
- Creation of the retail pricing approach balancing market competitiveness, Warehouse and Store profit objectives.
- Develop executive level pricing strategy business cases for all new retail products.
- Manage the existing Pricing Department and executing price changes across all stores.
- Lead the implementation of new pricing tools and methods in support of pricing structure in conjunction with Marketing.
- Lead Pricing Governance Process.
- Marketing: Support and manage the execution of promotion/sales/initiatives by defining the discount levels and their impact on our sales and profitability.
- Product Strategy: Support alignment of product structure through proper price level setting at retail.
- Store Operations: Collaborate with Store Operations for pricing intelligence.
- Executive Management Team: Support of Company sales and profitability goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing. MBA or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressively more responsibility in pricing and marketing functions in automotive components, tires or similar consumer retail goods.
- Expert knowledge in use of Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate working experience in Microsoft Powerpoint / Google Slides.
- Working knowledge of productivity applications (Google G Suite, MS Office, etc.)
- Working knowledge of pricing management applications.
General Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience in identifying pricing opportunities in the automotive retail aftermarket preferred.
- Proven ability to develop business cases supporting product introductions.
- Understanding of price influence on retail & commercial customers.
- Proven successful project management skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with proven ability to manage highly complex and diverse assignments.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop employees to ensure successful completion of work tasks and projects to achieve organizational goals and objectives; the ability to encourage teamwork; delegate authority and provide direction.
Interested in Learning More?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!