About the Company
Instrument is a digital brand and experience innovation company headquartered in Portland, Oregon and an office in New York City. Our teams push the boundaries of design, technology and innovation for some of the world’s leading brands such as Google, Pinterest, Sonos, and Nike. We are a collaborative partner to businesses seeking transformation and growth. From strategic frameworks to targeted communications, to design systems, we create powerful tools that propel brands forward and build influence. We concept, design, and deliver best-in-class products and services. Beyond websites and applications, we make interactive environments and deliver innovative user experiences.
Check out some our work here.
Who you are
You are an experienced engineering manager who can lead architecting enterprise level solutions at scale. You have in-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle and uses that to scope projects appropriately in time and resources. You are knowledgeable in large scale CMS and e-commerce platforms and how they are applied to different situations, able to direct implementation of them with performance and scale in mind. You are comfortable in sales situations, being able to articulate Instrument’s capabilities and work with internal and external leaders to solve a variety of engineering problems.
What you’ll do
- Lead a central team supporting other Instrument teams to architect and build enterprise level applications
- Scope and estimate projects as well as aid in selling in new business opportunities
- Work on GTM strategies to bolster Instrument’s position in enterprise level partnerships
- Work with executive leadership to form strong and evolving team design and business plan
- Establish relationships with key partners in different technologies to be able leverage SME in technologies Instrument does not have
What you’ll bring
- 7+ years’ experience in engineering leadership
- Experience in several platforms including but not limited to AEM, Salesforce, Magento, AWS, GCP
- Knowledgeable about different team designs including working with nearshore and offshore partners
- History with architecting and building out performant, scalable solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, always able to articulate a path forward to any given ask
Interested in learning more?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!