Oregon Fruit Products is a fast growing, family-owned business that offers a complete line of canned, frozen, and aseptically packaged fruit for consumers, foodservice operators, brewers, and ingredient customers. The company was founded in 1935 by the Gehlar family. The family owned and operated Oregon Fruit Products until 2011 when the family sold the company to the Maletis family. Their vision was to build on the heritage of this iconic Oregon company and to create an innovative, nimble and customer focused organization providing “fruit solutions” to the food and beverage industry. Their vision is well underway. They have moved to a new modern facility and have gained the trust of many of the most prominent customers in the industry. Their high-quality, focus on the customer, as well as their product development capabilities are what attracts customers. The future is bright, and they are looking for a Chief Financial Officer who can help build on the great work that has been underway for 85 years.
The culture, vision and mission of Oregon Fruit Products is the core of the company and what drives its success.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for managing finance and accounting functions for Oregon Fruit Products, as well as oversight of the IT, HR, and Administration Support Teams. The CFO, working in partnership with the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors (BOD) will be a key leader of the company’s next phase of growth. The CFO acts as a steward of the business, supporting the interests of company ownership and the BOD. The CFO will be responsible for developing long-range financial plans and financial reporting, as well as managing various controllership activities including accounting, treasury, tax, and audit work.
- Direct and coordinate the organization’s financial and budget activities to produce accurate and timely financial statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Manage the company’s financial planning and analysis, accounting, payroll, tax, and treasury activities.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process; perform analysis of operation results and performance against budget.
- Oversee the Accounting function activities for the accurate and timely distribution of:
- Accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reporting, cash control and accounts receivable.
- Order fulfillment policies and processes.
- Tax planning, compliance, and payments.
- Develop financial models to analyze cost-benefit of major capital investments, business process improvements and risk mitigation strategies.
- Assist in product pricing decision analysis and pricing exceptions, building appropriate pricing models as required.
- Provide financial guidance on framework for evaluating strategic projects and initiatives on an ad hoc basis.
- Identifies business drivers and reports on appropriate KPI’s for the business.
- Report the company’s financial results to the BOD:
- Participate in quarterly board meetings.
- Lead the monthly financial call.
- Share recommendations for improvement to the company, both operationally and financially.
- Attract, coach, and retain talented individuals for the Accounting, Finance, IT, HR, and
- Administrative Support Functions.
- Work collaboratively to achieve overall company success by partnering effectively with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage external banking and audit relationships.
- Provide thought leadership and support on cross functional initiatives.
- Uphold Oregon Fruit Product’s mission, vision, and values at all times.
Qualifications & Skills
- CPA or MBA preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrated success in leading an accounting/finance organization involving budgeting, forecasting, financial planning & reporting, product margin analysis, and ROI analysis.
- 8+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; food production experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability.
- ERP implementation experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate vision, motivate workforce, develop effective teams, and build peer relationships.
Interested in learning more?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!