Who we are
Founded in 2018, Birch Infrastructure PBLLC, develops, structures, owns and operates utility infrastructure to serve mission critical, hyperscale data centers. Birch is the first company focused exclusively on addressing the utility needs of colocation and hyperscale data center providers. The cloud is quickly outgrowing the available capacity of existing infrastructure. To serve multi-hundred MW loads, new infrastructure must be built; however the timeline to develop infrastructure is incompatible with cloud growth rates.
To ensure cloud providers have the infrastructure they need, when they need it, Birch develops infrastructure specific to the needs of data centers. By developing sites and addressing the long lead-time items ahead of the customer’s demand signal, Birch provides shovel ready sites with pre-negotiated utility agreements. Birch also ensures availability of renewable energy and water capacity required for the data center’s long-term growth. Birch mitigates regulatory uncertainty by owning the assets and providing long-term fixed price utility contracts Birch develops renewable energy and data center infrastructure projects across the United States.
Birch is an employee-owned, public benefit company (a public benefit company is a corporate status for companies that aim to make a positive impact on society and the environment in addition to earning a profit) and is committed to minimizing environmental impact and contributing to the economic development of rural communities in which the company operates. Birch has worked hard to build a collaborative organization where decision making is decentralized, and employees are empowered to innovate.
Who you are
You are a data leader who is entrepreneurial at heart and is passionate about next generation technology and innovation. You thrive in an environment where you have autonomy and enjoy being part of a rapidly growing organization. You are highly motivated to crack tough challenges with data with an unending thirst for learning. Collaborating with like-minded, industry leaders who have an unmatched commitment to the organizational goals and mission brings you energy. You desire to be a part of a company that gives back and provides renewable power where it is needed most.
About the role
Are you a born PMO?
Do you have the technical savvy to get in the weeds when needed and still be the leader?
I have been looking for you to assist our team with projects which include:
- Build, develop and lead a team of project management experts
- Design, Scoping, Implementation and tracking of large-scale datacenter infrastructure projects
- Design, Scoping, Implementation and tracking of large-scale renewable energy infrastructure projects
- Execution of IT roadmap consisting of multiple Information Technology projects across the full project lifecycle
- Embracing a dev-ops and culture of continuous improvement
- Lead, Support, Implement, program management activities
- Maintain and drive project plans for multiple concurrent projects
- Manage a team of diverse functional and technical skills
- Deliver and manage technical and strategic project/programs
- Deliver client-level staffing plans
- Deliver Program and client reporting: health, status, risks, and key program milestones
- Create issue mitigation plan
- Coordinate and facilitate program and project activities such as planning, execution, and transition to post-implementation support
- Monitor project progress against plans, facilitating issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Provide weekly project status reports
- Work with subject matter experts & product managers to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals
- Work with the team-leads to resolve people problems, project roadblocks along with risk and critical path management
- Ability to create and improve upon processes leveraging PMP, Scrum and Agile best practices
- At project end conduct project postmortem, documenting lessons learned
- Maintain team data in project management software like Asana & MS Project to support execution
- Expert knowledge about how to execute all project types
- Ability to function effectively in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong ability to develop high-risk project plans which include detailed complex estimates and timelines in a short timeframe with limited information
- Deep understanding of project management principles and metrics (project risk assessments, issues mitigation, escalation and project reporting, tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories, etc.).
- Strong ability to continually analyze, adjust, report, triage through sprint planning
- Passionate commitment to delivering products on time by relentlessly following up on issue resolutions and risk identification / mitigations
- Experience working with ambiguity and ability to mentor others in this grey area
- Ability to hold crucial conversations
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and the ability to form strategic partnerships with stakeholders in a short amount of time
- Ability to build teams quickly and comfortable managing remote teams (Onshore & Offshore)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong and effective collaboration skills, with innovative ways to support project resources
- Experience in Financial sector (Investment Management), Technology, Infrastructure Development is considered a plus
- Self-motivated, organized
- PMP certification a plus
- Six Sigma certification a plus
Interested in learning more?
Head on over to our Opportunities & Placements page to see what else we’ve been working on!