Resilient Infrastructure Group invests in the development, construction, and management of water and wastewater infrastructure assets, across North America. Resilient is a portfolio company of Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm with over $145 billion invested across private equity, private real estate, private debt and private infrastructure on behalf of its clients globally.
Resilient is growing and we are strengthening our internal accounting team with a Corporate Controller that will have significant upward mobility opportunities and that is based in our headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
The Corporate Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”). The Corporate Controller will be responsible for all aspects of accounting management, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, month-end and year-end close processes, technical guidance, key vendor management, and annual audits. The position will be supported by a fully staffed outsourced accounting team so that the Corporate Controller is able to manage the accounting in a strategic manner while planning for the long-term development of internal staff over time.
She/he will oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting including the consolidation of multiple affiliated entities completed by accounting staff. The position will be directly responsible for annual budgeting, planning, forecasting, and cash management.
The position will also be responsible for all vendor management including outsourced accounting, bookkeeping, tax, and audit resources to meet the Company’s goals and timelines in an efficient manner.
Working closely with the CFO, the Corporate Controller will provide input to the valuation of assets and preparation for any acquisitions or dispositions. This position will support the development of all reporting requirements for management, the board, and our investors, as well as supporting the debt management and servicing working with the CFO.
She/he will be expected to adhere to the Company’s accounting and financial management policies as well as to recommend improvements and setup new accounting practices working closely with external and internal accounting staff.
Additionally, the Corporate Controller will constantly be working to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
She/he will have the opportunity to setup the systems, procedures, and internal controls for a new company backed by a strong financial sponsor. The position has important upward mobility opportunities to assume more responsibilities and to take on a leadership role over time that may incorporate other operational duties and responsibilities.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a new company environment and in a hands-on manner with all accounting processes and systems.
- Candidates will be well-versed in month-end accounting closes with an emphasis on revenue recognition, balance sheet reconciliations, and P&L analysis.
- Demonstrated success in environments that require managing direct team members and multiple stakeholders in order to achieve the accounting calendar deadlines.
- High degree of comfort and experience managing all accounting department and associated functions including payroll, A/P, A/R, GL, and bank reconciliations.
- Ability to make decisions regarding accounting issues for compliance with GAAP and documenting logical and well-supported conclusions on all relevant accounting guidance for both GAAP and tax purposes.
- Must possess an inner drive for quality management for reports, year-end results, and an uncanny ability to find and resolve discrepancies.
- Proficiency calculating variances between actual and budgeted results, and reporting the underlying reasons for the variances to senior management.
- Capable of streamlining the annual budgets, monthly analyses, and performance reporting.
- Oversight of Payroll process including required filings in multiple states and year-end W2s and K1s.
- Ability to assess adequacy of systems and procedures in order to provide controls, safeguarding of assets, and the efficient execution of financial activities including maintenance of corporate filings/registration requirements.
- Active CPA required and advanced degree in accounting preferred.
- 10+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience managing and supporting the annual audit of process and statement reviews.
- Multiple years of experience in developing and deploying accounting systems for the consolidation process.
- Experience with compliance filing requirements imposed by local, state, or federal governing authorities.
- Experience working on consolidation that involves multiple legal entities under different legal and tax configurations.
- Tax experience involving infrastructure assets and lease accounting.
Corporate Controller Qualifications / Skills
- Accounting software
- Developing standard procedures
- Auditing, accounting, and project finance
- Tracking budget expenses across multiple projects
- Analyzing information
- Developing budgets
- Performance management
Work Environment & Compensation
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and a 401K program. Resilient is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.
Due to the current global Covid-19 pandemic and restrictions, we expect that initial work may be performed remotely and in the office while following the guidance of the local health authorities.
Interested in Learning More?
180one is a retained search firm and has been engaged by Resilient Infrastructure Group to manage this search. If interested in learning more about the opportunity, please contact Rochelle Fleischer at 180one.
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!