About the Company
Ever want to ride a rocket ship? Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy Corporation is a leading producer of a utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind. Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; ease of deployment; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. After four years of demonstrating the benefits of Powin’s technology – Powin is now entering a stage of rapid growth with a forecasted 2021 revenue of nearly $500MM.
About the Position
As Powin’s reputation in the battery energy storage industry continues to grow, the company is forecasted to experience explosive growth. Based on this growth, Powin is looking for an experienced Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) whose number one goal is to make sure Powin Energy becomes a top-notch, diverse workplace where team members flourish. This executive will create the vision of what HR and the organization looks like now and as the business rapidly scales.
Reporting directly to the CEO and as a member of the executive leadership team, the CHRO supports the overall mission and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of; employee well-being, continuous workforce improvement and planning, change management, performance management, training and development, total rewards, policy development and compliance.
Additionally, the CHRO will also directly lead company IT, Facilities, and Safety functions.
- Develop and execute a People Strategy Roadmap that begins to immediately impact the culture and performance of the employees and leadership team members.
- Create a return-to-work program that meets Powin’s commitments and strategy while balancing the need to attract and retain team members.
- Build an exciting and new onboarding process to introduce new team members to Powin’s culture, performance expectations, and company values.
- Execute on strategy and approach to talent acquisition that will ensure Powin will exceed hiring goals.
- Grow Powin’s efforts in diversity, equity and inclusion by engaging policies and programs that promote DEI as a driving force behind Powin’s culture, engagement and company success.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR team.
- Implement simple and easy-to-follow HR policies and procedures to ensure a safe and productive work environment and engaged employees.
- Be a strategic and trusted adviser to the business and participate as a key part of the leadership team.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations by accurately compiling and submitting data for mandated reporting at the federal, state and local levels.
- Partners with senior leaders and a PEO to govern and administer key company programs such as health & welfare, benefits, compensation programs, payroll administration, and HR systems implementation/integration to ensure compliance and optimal results.
- Develop KPIs to measure the impact the initiatives developed by the human resources team has had on the business, culture, employees, leadership, and diversity as Powin scales.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA or MA preferred).
- 15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience.
- Experience in a high growth company and have implemented processes and policies that scale.
- Experience building programs to attract and retain top flight technical talent.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment, ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Preference for work experience in an organization that places employees as the #1 asset of the company.
- Entrepreneurial orientation.
- Team player who is comfortable with change and embraces forward movement.
- Strong initiator, but also collaborative, with a desire to understand the business as a whole.
Interested in learning more?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!