About the Organization
Galt is a non-profit employment company that matches great organizations with motivated employees. Our mission is to provide, promote, and expand employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. We are a powerful resource and a sensible business solution with a win-win attitude. Galt Foundation accomplishes our mission through professional staffing service contracts, primarily with public agencies. Our objective is to work toward a diverse and inclusive employment community that leads to self-sufficiency and decreases reliance on tax supported programs and services.
About the Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, Galt Foundation’s Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for building strategy, tactics, and programs to increase our client base. Responsible for sales, marketing, and new business development, this is a critical role for future success of Galt, leading strategic planning and entry into new operating opportunities. In this role, you will lead a team in converting relationships with clients at new and existing federal, state, and local/municipalities, and larger opportunities, by crafting strategies that align to the customers service needs. This position will be a strategic part of Galt Foundations’ Leadership Team.
- Create and implement strategic sales and marketing plans in order to successfully achieve the overall business objectives, including expand Galt’s offerings to new customers and implementing strategies to retain current customers.
- Lead the sales team in engaging with federal and state/municipal clients to promote Galt Foundation’s services.
- Develop department goals that are in line with company vision and objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Negotiate contracts with clients including federal government and other public organizations and move to closure.
- Monitor competitor sales activities.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and data analytics, and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Manage relationship with 3rd party marketing agency.
- Strategically evaluate and resource proper marketing plans for Galt, including review of in-house vs outsourced activities.
- Develop future state of Galt social media presence/activity.
- Cognizant of, and evaluation of, current political and employment environment at the federal, state, and local level to strategically plan Galt’s presence in new public sectors and markets.
- Prepare business cases to enable evaluation of new business opportunities by the Leadership Team.
- Develop methods and strategies to increase sales, expand markets, and create new business.
- Lead the sales and marketing employees by setting performance goals & expectations, monitoring achievement of goals, mentoring and developing team members to maximize performance.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and performance evaluations of sales and marketing staff.
- Manage sales operating budgets.
- Directs sale forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Modernize and standardize sales process, metrics, and data; proper use of KPI’s to drive business results.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, participate in setting, and execution, of the Galt strategic plan in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Be a good steward of company resources by monitoring, managing, and adjusting labor and funds used for operations and initiatives in sales and marketing for the overall benefit of the company.
- Provide information and potential solutions regarding trends that may impact the business.
- Ensure the actions of the sales & marketing team align with the decisions of the executive leadership team.
- Represents the interest of the sales & marketing team to make sure that the decisions of the executive leadership team are not detrimental to the work environment of the sales & marketing team members.
- Communicate information consistently and in alignment with the executive leadership team to the sales & marketing team.
- Establish and maintain a constant line of communication between the parties involved in decision making and implementation.
- Activate ways of working that support the organization’s core purpose.
- Create a shared vision, live the Galt workplace values, and inspire collaboration that sustains organizational and individual growth.
- Develop and execute change management and communications strategies, programs and tactics to support organizational transformation.
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Forge an emotional connection between Galt employees and the Galt brand.
- Support employee engagement strategy to enhance the employee experience and increase overall engagement.
- Develop and maintain rewards, recognition and personal development programs that acknowledge outstanding performance and personal growth.
- Passionate about, and supportive of, the mission of the Galt Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration or equivalent experience working in a related field.
- Preferred minimum of seven years’ experience in sales with demonstrated ability in leading a sales team.
- Strong business acumen, understanding of financial metrics and operational KPIs.
- Experience training, developing, and managing a team.
- Ability to apply a customer centered approach to crafting employee and customer experiences with all aspects of the organization.
- Ability to listen, be compassionate, take action and follow through.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to gain insights and solutions.
- Superior organizational skills and strategic planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Interested in Learning More?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!