About the Company
Founded in 1963 and headquartered in Albany, Oregon, OFD Foods, LLC (“OFD”) is the largest and most technologically advanced freeze dryer in the country, freeze-drying a wide variety of foods and other products for numerous end markets, in its facilities in Oregon and New York.
OFD freeze-dries fully cooked entrees and high-value food, supplements and pharmaceutical ingredients. Much of the Company’s work is B2B or contract based, for large health and nutrition, food and ingredients companies, and for the US Military. OFD also has a growing consumer brand, Mountain House, which is freeze-dried entrees for the camping and personal food storage markets. These branded packaged meals are formulated, processed and packaged in the Company’s own facilities.
OFD’s growth will be driven by (a) its brand - Mountain House and other newly created branded launches (B2C), (b) high-value health and nutrition products (probiotics, other live cultures, etc.) (B2B), and (c) growing military offerings and contracts.
OFD is majority owned by Endeavour Capital, a Portland, Oregon based private investment firm, with offices in Portland, Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA and Denver, CO. Endeavour has a 30-year track record of partnering with great Western-U.S. based companies and supporting their growth and evolution over a 5-10 year timeframe. Endeavour does not believe in using high leverage in order to allow a company and its management substantial room for re-investment for growth. The core of Endeavour’s philosophy is stewardship - it believes in leaving companies in even better condition than when it arrived.
OFD’s organizational mission, vision, and guiding principles:
Get it done together
Care about each other
Passionate and proud
Dare to make a difference
Help our customers win
Do the right thing
OFD’s organizational purpose: “We create solutions that improve lives through the science and craft of lyophilization/freeze drying.”
Nature and Scope of the Position
The Sales Director is responsible for leading and directing the sales team to meet or exceed sales revenue, sales profitability and budgetary objectives across the whole of OFD products and channels. The role involves strategic planning, motivating and managing people, creating sales programs and policies, analyzing quantitative data, leveraging technology and improving processes.
This role reports directly to the SVP of Sales & Marketing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning: Work closely with Marketing to develop and implement a sales strategy, based on consumer & market research that provides a clear direction for profitable sales into new and existing markets.
- Directs sales planning, forecasting and channel development activities. Sets performance goals and monitors accordingly to deliver profitable growth.
- Builds, develops and manages the sales team, including sales & customer support staff, who are capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Analyzes sales data, identifying and quickly addressing opportunities and risks. Develops and implements sales programs, policies and practices. Sets and monitors appropriate sales metrics.
- Oversees and drives adoption of sales technology, including customer relationship management (CRM) and sales enablement tools.
- May be called upon, at the discretion of the SVP Marketing & Sales to perform other activities or fulfill assignments in other areas as required.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining compliance with all state and federal Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action rules and regulations pertaining to the position.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in complex sales negotiations, selling strategies and methodologies, strategic planning and execution and employee motivation techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes from start to finish, understanding how a product goes from development to marketing to sales to manufacturing to distribution, will be helpful in this role.
- Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
- Core Competencies: Self-starter, results oriented, influencer, leadership, strong collaborator within diverse teams, decision making, strong commitment to vision, external awareness.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum seven years business-to-business sales experience, with four years in a leadership position and at least two years of experience working with sales/service systems development and deployment.
Interested in learning more?
Head on over to our Placements/Opportunities page to see what else we’ve been working on!